Java Developer – Full Time
Design and develop the Magnetic web & mobile interfaces and back-end systems. We use a modern tech stack (Postgres, Java, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Cordova) and are always playing around with new technologies.
Being small tech team your scope is massive and you will play an important role in the design of all aspects of the system. We have so much fun building stuff that work is hardly even feels like work.
- Develop robust, optimal, maintainable software across various fields (web, mobile, db)
- Follow the change and release control processes
- Identify technical risks and inefficiencies
- We are building out our mobile apps at the moment so any experience there is great.
- B.Sc. Computer Science / B.Com. Informatics preferred
- Alternatively programming diploma
- 3 years solid, practical development experience is required, at least 2 years of which must be with Java
- 2 years practical experience with various RDBMS and SQL
- 2 years practical experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with OO Design, multi-tier architectures , J2EE or related frameworks
- Great understanding with AJAX / REST
- Excellent understanding of multi-tier Java development
- Excellent understanding of HTML 5 and CSS 3
- A good understanding of databases and their complexities (including indexes, badly written queries)
- Diverse technical exposure and understanding (a passion for all things software/technical)
Skills & Abilities
- You must not be afraid to voice your opinion.
- You need to manage yourself and your targets
- Keep the big picture in mind when designing solutions
- Make objective design/technology decisions based on research/evaluation