When we started Magnetic, I had no experience in Software as a Service (SaaS). What I did have, was endless amounts of resources at my finger tips, all created by people who had gone through a journey of failure and success when working in SaaS.
So I took advantage of this, and made it my mission to up-skill myself in the world of technology and SaaS. I knew I would experience different levels of failure and success throughout our journey of growing Magnetic into a global SaaS business, but it would be much easier making decisions armed with knowledge from others.
Over the past 4 years, I’ve tried my best (sometimes discipline lacks) to spend at least an hour every day researching everything that is SaaS. Now I want to share that with you.
Below is a list in no particular order, with some of the articles I’ve found to be extremely helpful for myself and our business. I’ve only listed a fraction of the resources I’ve have, this should give you a great start. I will continue to share more resources in future posts. In the mean time, if there is anything specific you’re looking for, just let me know in the comments, I’m sure I’ll have content on it.
- SaaS Free Trial Extension Requests are a Bad Sign
- We’ve recently changed from a 30 day to 14 day trial. This article gave us a ton of insight into why we should change and how to go about it.
- Tips for scaling a SaaS sales team/
- A must read if you are wanting to scale a SaaS sales team. Some obvious ones, but great insights here.
- Pipeline Management E-Book (Download)
- This E-Book is excellent for sales managers and teams, it gives a great overview of pipeline management in SaaS.
- Talking user Onboarding with Samuel Hulick
- This guy is just brilliant!
- 8 Advanced tips for never losing SaaS customers
- Some incredible insight here. Again some basic ideas, but often it’s the basic ones we forget about that matter the most.
- SaaS Churn rate improvement: Monitor and Drive engagement
- Quite a long read, but there are a couple of awesome tools listed that are a must to use.
- SaaS Startup Strategy | Three SaaS Sales Models
- This one really helped me understand the various sales strategies around SaaS.
- 15 Customer retention strategies that work
- Coming from an events business background where we sold once-off concepts to corporates, I didn’t have any experience in retaining on-going customers. This one helped me get a quick overview of what the standards are, so I could build my own plan.
- A single report to measure the health of your startup’s sales team
- A great report to put sales pipeline into perspective. Can’t imagine our reports without this one!
- Five things I’ve learned about content marketing strategy
- Content marketing is an incredible source of leads, especially in the SaaS space.